Sunday, September 9, 2012


NEW Review of Elizabeth Chalker's book: 
Hanging on by the Scratch Marks My Nails Left Behind (Raw Faith) 

5.0 out of 5 stars 
"Real life more grippiing than fiction, 9 Sep 2012
By Yvonne Pat Wright (Milton Keynes, United Kingdom)

I read this book with a box of tissues beside me. The tears were not for Elizabeth who has written her story in real time. They were for me, as my sorry superficial life paled in the light of her life that revealed what living for the glory of God really means. How does one suffering from Lyme Disease causing, a slow death, causing non-stop pain and agony get the discipline, the determination and the courage to focus, not on the devastation taking place in her body, but brings that body under subjection and pens a stirring story about the greatest love of her life? 

I have not stopped asking myself that question since I read this amazing book. It's not like any other book you will read. Indeed, Elizabeth is not the first person to go through excruciating pain and suffering. In most cases the stories end. This story does not end. Elizabeth, though she prays, no pleads with her Lord for healing and deliverance, has not been healed, nor been delivered, but her faith still holds on to the Christ of Calvary.

This is a remarkable book by a remarkable writer and deserves to be read by those who suffer as she does from chronic illness, but also by those whose lives are a romp in the park by comparison, if only to gain perspective. It is well written. I believe it should find its way to the ranks of best sellers. It would make an excellent documentary of courage, hope and inspiration."
______________________________
www.elizabethchalker.org
www.helpelizabeth.net
John316Authors

No comments:

Post a Comment